Sales & Transfer Services
Medallion Guarantee Signature - Transfer of US Securities
When you wish to sell or transfer US securities you need to sign the securities (stock) powers. The signature needs to be "guaranteed" before a transfer agent can accept the transaction.
Signature guarantees can be obtained from US financial institutions such as commercial or savings banks, a credit union or a broker dealer that participates in one of the US Medallion signature guarantee programmes recognised by the transfer agent.
can act for you in this process and ensure you signature is "guaranteed" according to the requirement of the transfer agent in charge of the transaction.
We require the following documents in order to obtain the Medallion Guarantee:
- The original signed Stock Transfer Form*
- Certified Copy of Client's passport
- Client's utility bill dated within the last three months - (Copies certified by a solicitor are acceptable)
- Certified Copy of the Share Certificate or Statement evidencing ownership of the shares
- A cheque made payable to "Share Data Limited" for £72 and a cheque made payable to "RB Seals Limited" for £200.
Note in case of probate we will also need:
- Original copy death certificate (the green coloured version)
- Sealed copy of the Grant of Probate of the deceased
- A copy of the Will
We recommend that you mail these items to us by recorded delivery.
Our Medallion Guarantee services are open to UK & Non-UK residents. Share Data has provided Medallion Guarantee services for clients in South Africa, India, Australia, China, Malaysia, Serbia, Singapore and Hong Kong, to name a few.
For more information on
Medallion Guarantee Signature
Sale & Transfer
or call +44 (0) 1403 271170
*Because of Hurricane Sandy flooding Wall Street and the basement safes, where share certificates of various financial institutions and brokerage houses were being kept, the procedures for Medallion Guarantees have now been changed: Medallion Guarantee will only be affixed to a Stock Power Transfer Form or equivalent.
Get in Touch
Call us now on
+44 (0) 1403 271170
to discuss how we can help you or simply get a free no obligation quotation.
You can also fill out our online form and we'll get back to you shortly.
If you would like to subscribe to our quarterly Newsletter, simply fill out this form.