Share Transfer & Sale Service
Share Data can arrange for the sale or transfer of any security.
Get help selling or transferring shares.
Our Share Transfer & Sale service is divided into four steps:
- Confirmation of the validity of share certificates and replacing missing ones where necessary;
- Preparation of the forms for client signature;
- Submission of the signed forms to registrars/brokers;
- Either Return to you the share certificates in the new name(s) or Arrange for the net proceeds to be paid by our brokers directly to you.
Know that if you sell shares, you may be liable to Capital Gains Tax on any gain you have made.
Do you have International Shares you wish to sell?
Share Data can also assist with the sale or transfer of any overseas investment security.
Through our agent, we can arrange to buy and sell shares in all developed world equity markets.
- All clients stock is held securely by our agent’s overseas custodian, Bank of New York Mellon;
- Funds can be received in all major world currencies.
If the sale or transfer is linked to a probate, take advantage of our specialist resealing probate service.
Donating shares to Charity?
Sometimes the cost of selling shares may outweigh their value. If this is the case, we can assist you in gifting them to charity.
For more information on Share Transfer and Sale please contact us.
See our Price List here