Share Data > Sale & Transfer of Investment Securities > Share Certificates Missing – What to do?
Share Certificates Missing – What to do?
Letter of Indemnity

Obtain a valid duplicate certificate

Do you have holdings that you would like to sell or transfer but the share certificate is missing?

If you have lost one or several share certificates, don’t panic. You can still sell or transfer your shares providing you obtain a letter of indemnity.

Letters of indemnity are issued to minimize potential financial loss caused by misuse of the original certificate.

As a sale and transfer expert, Share Data can help by applying for a Letter of Indemnity on your behalf.

We will assist you with the whole process of getting a valid duplicate certificate whether or not the value of the shares represented by the missing certificate exceeds £50,000.

If the lost share certificate has a value that exceeds 50K, we will also organise the Indemnity to be countersigned.

So if you no longer have your share certificate, and would like to sell or transfer your holdings, simply contact our team of experts to quickly obtain the Letter of indemnity and proceed with the sale/transfer.


Slide I have been extremely impressed with the service received and won't hesitate to both use and recommend share data's services in the future. Jennifer B, David Auld & Co Solicitors

16th August 2019

Slide My firm have used share data for their medallion guarantee services for foreign shareholders since the beginning of 2018 – each occasion has been efficient and successful which leads to happy clients. I would strongly recommend their services, with a special mention for teresa – who is friendly, helpful and gets the job done. Asset Manager

23rd August 2018

Slide Share Data's service is brilliant. Currently, sorting another one for you! Deanne Taylor, Smalleys Solicitors Ltd

8th November 2019

Slide Thank you for processing our Medallion Guarantee and for all of your assistance leading up to it. Share Data have a great service. Walker Crips Investment Management

6th August 2020

Slide I wish everyone was as quick and easy to deal with as you have been. It is truly a pleasure and a great contrast to most other financial service companies in Canada and New Zealand that I have dealt with in the past. Private Individual

26th November 2019