Share Data > Sale & Transfer of Investment Securities > Recovering Dividends in Australia

Recovering Dividends in Australia

Recovering Dividends in Australia

When an estate has been inactive for some time, uncollected dividends must be paid to the Australian Securities & Investment Commission.

Recovering Dividends in AustraliaPrior to 1991, uncollected monies were dealt with at the State Level instead of the central Commission. So if you have to claim back dividends due before 1991, you have to trace the uncollected funds from each individual State.

There is also the problem of recovering small dividend cheques.

We’ve seen a case where lawyers simply waited until there was about A$100 due to the estate to request for one single cheque to be re-issued. At first the share registrars refused, but when the lawyers pointed out the on-going costs problem of the un-presented cheques, a single large cheque arrived.

Before you go
Get notified by email as insights are published, stay informed. Subscribe now!

    Name *

    Email *

    Position *

    By submitting this form you are providing us with your personal information. We take great care to look after your personal data safely and securely. You can read full details in our Privacy Policy